Office of Emergency Services
Jason Hoover, Director
109 Fairfax St
Berkeley Springs, WV 25411
The Morgan County Emergency Management Services Department has four principal functions in preparing for and responding to disasters:
- Morgan County Emergency Management assists local citizens in planning for natural disasters such as tornadoes, winter storms, floods, and man-made disasters such as chemical spills.
- Training snd education programs are offered in support of emergence planning.
- Exercises ranging from tabletop version to full-scale mock accidents involving entire communities are stages to assure that the proposed plan works.
- Before Disaster Strikes
- Prepare for Wildfire
- Stay Safe in Cold Weather
Everyday activities include monitoring the capability to respond to emergencies and to assist in level of readiness.
- Coping With Disaster
- Emergency Notification Checklist
- Shelter Locations and Point of Distribution Sites
- Recovery activities are those which are necessary to return life to normal in a disaster stricken community.
- Mitigation is the effort of local, state and federal governments which includes any activities that reduce or eliminate problems associated with disasters.