Funds Request Information
Managed by County Commission
The Morgan County Commission has initiated a new procedure and process to respond to funding requests by community organizations.
The process is explained in a flow chart, which can be found here: Funds Request Process
Be sure to adhere to the procedure’s as outlined in Funding Request Procedure
The process begins by the organization completing a Funds Request Application Form
Please use this form if you are applying for Hotel/Motel Funds: Hotel/Motel Funds Application Form
Criteria Considered by the County Commission
- Constitutional and statutory requirements
- The total amount of funding available for distribution
- Previous funding from the County Commission
- Proof that funds received previously were expended for approved purposes
- Were the application and requested documents complete and received on time?
- Information contained in the financial statements
- Will the requested amount of funding help the organization grow and become more self sustaining?
- Did a representative of the organization appear before the commission to present their case for need and answer questions?
- The number of citizens served
- Amount of funding the organization received from other sources (state, grants, fundraising, etc.)
- Is the viability of the organization dependent on the requested funding?
- What is the long term viability of the organization?