County Clerk's Office
77 Fairfax Street, Room 102
Berkeley Springs, WV 25411
Phone: (304)258-8547
Fax: (304)258-8545

Bond (Surety) - Administrators
When there is NO WILL you are required to furnish surety on your official bond. The surety may be responsible for any loss or default of estate assets on the part of the Administrator.

If you are a resident of West Virginia you may ask someone who owns, or has sufficient equity in, real estate to sign as surety. If you do not wish to ask someone to sign as surety, you may purchase corporate surety through one the local insurance agencies. An elected official, an attorney or anyone currently under bond may not sign as surety.

If you are NOT a resident of West Virginia, corporate surety will be required.