Sheriff's Law Office
111 Fairfax Street
Berkeley Springs, WV 25411
In the event of an Emergency- Call 911
KC Bohrer- Sheriff
Visit The Official Website of Morgan County Sheriff's Department
First Alert Fire Alarms
Sheriff Bohrer was able to obtain 50 Free State of the Art Smoke Alarms through a grant. These are available to citizens who might not be able to afford one. They will be provided first come first serve, beginning Monday, November 12 from 9 am- 5 pm. You must complete a form to receive yours. Only folks who truly have a need please request one. One per family.
Sheriff KC Bohrer
NOTICE: HIRING COURT SECURITY BAILIFF
NOTICE: HIRING MORGAN COUNTY DEPUTY SHERIFF
$ 33,326.00 entry level Salary $ $34,326 Certified or upon completion of Probation
Applications for Deputy Sheriff of Morgan County are now being accepted. Applications must be obtained either in person (Mon-Fri 9 to 5) or by mail. If by mail send a self-addressed postage paid requesting application to Morgan County Sheriff’s Dept. 111 Fairfax St. Berkeley Springs, WV 25411.
Applications must be completed and returned no later than close of business on 12 November 2018.
Applicants will be notified by mail of the date and time when the civil service examination will be administered for this position.
Minimum Requirements are:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be in excellent health (standard weight in proportion to height)
- Must SUCESSFULLY pass all examinations administer by Civil Service Commission
- Must SUCESSFULLY pass a physical agility test
- Must be willing to submit to further examinations throughout hiring process such as physiological and polygraph exam
- Must pass fitness standards for acceptance to police academy
- Must successfully pass medical examination
- Must attend and successfully complete all training as required for position
- Must be willing to accept duty assignments, which can include but is not limited to, K-9 Court Security, Prevention resource Officer and all other duties assigned by the Sheriff of Morgan County.
Once hired, deputies may receive a take home car if, and only IF, they live within a 25-mile radius of the Morgan County Sheriff’s Department.
Morgan County provides a comprehensive benefit package which includes, medical, optical, dental and life insurance. Also, Deputy Sheriffs receive paid vacation and sick leave.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Sheriff K.C. Bohrer
Forfeited Vehicle for Sale ---2002 Ford Escape – Closed Bids
The pictured vehicle was seized in a drug related investigation by this agency. It has been forfeited to the Morgan County Sheriff’s Department and will be sold “AS IS” to the highest bidder.
Bids will be received in writing between now and close of business on 16 November 2018 at 5pm.
Bills shall be presented in writing to: Sheriff K.C. Bohrer at the Sheriff’s Department at 111 Fairfax Street Berkeley Springs, WV and marked as Bid for 2002 Ford Escape.
Vehicle info: 2002 Ford Escape, 244K miles, in fair condition. Runs. Has two new tires on rear but front tires need replaced.
Vehicle can be seen by appointment at sheriff’s department by calling 304-258-1067
Between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Any questions can be directed to:
Reserved price removed
Department Vehicle Maintenance Bids
18 October 2018
- The Morgan County Sheriff’s Department will be preparing its list of vendors to perform routine maintenance on its fleet for 2019.
- Routine maintenance is defined as periodic oil changes, filter change, fluid check and tops offs, brake check.
- Any maintenance or replacement or parts beyond oil change, filter change and fluid top offs and checking of brakes is not to be consider in this bid and will be prior approved on a case by case basis and is NOT included in the price bid.
- Our vehicles are serviced at 5K intervals and do use synthetic oil.
Police vehicles are essential vehicles and all routine maintenance is requested to be expeditiously performed within a reasonable amount of time.
Our fleet consists of:
- 2018 Ford Explorer Police Utility , 2018 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500, 2017 Ford Explorer Police Utility
- 2015 Dodge Durango, 2015 Dodge Charger, 2014 Dodge Charger, 2012 Chevrolet Caprice
- 2011 Dodge Charger, 2011 Dodge Durango, 2008 Ford Explorer (Deputy Reserves)
- 2008 Ford Crown Vic (Deputy Reserves), 2005 Ford Explorer (Deputy Reserves)
- 2006 Dodge Durango (Deputy Reserves), 2000 Crown Vic (Deputy Reserves)
The MCSD reserves the exclusive right to pick the vendor of its choice.
All bids for routine maintenance are to be received in writing and marked “Routine Maintenance Bid 2019” to: Sheriff K.C. Bohrer, 111 Fairfax St. Berkeley Springs, WV 25411 prior to close of business on 30 November 2018.